From 2019, we are running an exciting new training programme exclusively for Aberystwyth BID levy paying businesses. In partnership with Coleg Ceredigion and Superfast Wales / Insynch, we have developed a programme that features a variety of FREE courses and qualifications aimed at businesses across all sectors.
Coleg Ceredigion Courses 2019/2020
See below our free courses available with Coleg Ceredigion (with more to follow soon). Click on each course for more details, including dates. Every course is available for FREE for levy payers, and is available on a first-come-first-serve basis. Each course includes a number of dates, giving you every chance to take part. In general, day courses run from 9.30am-3.30pm and evening courses run from 5.00pm-7.30pm.
To book your free place today, contact Linda Phillips at Coleg Ceredigion direct on 01970 639700 (ext 230) or email firstname.lastname@example.org stating you are a levy paying business. Please note that each course will be limited to 1 person per business. However this can be flexible if there are still spaces available close to the course date.
Microsoft Academy Certification - EXCEL
Microsoft Academy Certification – Excel (Wednesday evenings 5.00pm-7.30pm, 8 weeks plus exam). FREE for levy payers with value of £108 per person
- 2019 – October 23rd for 8 weeks
- 2020 – April 21st for 8 weeks
Entry requirements: Applicants should have a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel. As the course is part delivered online it would be beneficial if the candidate had basic competence in IT and the internet.
• Formatting cells, ranges and worksheets
• Managing worksheets
• Working with data and macros
• Using advanced formulas
• Securing and sharing workbooks
• Creating charts
• Adding pictures and shapes to a worksheet
Customer Care (1 day)
1 day course FREE for levy payers with value of £65 per person.
September 26th, November 14th
January 23rd, February 27th, May 14th, July 20th
The aim of the course is to encourage employees to provide appropriate customer service skills. At the end of the training day employees will have the skills to provide high quality customer care to a range of customers in diverse circumstances. Topics to be covered include the following:
• Understand the principles of customer care in their organisation
– Be able to outline best practice
– Explain their company’s role and responsibility in delivering good customer care
– Be able to identify customer’s needs and wants
– Be able to identify strategies to improve customer service, especially where needs are not currently being met
• Understand the value of first impressions when dealing with the customer
– Explain how to create a positive first impression to the customer
– Explain the essential telephone skills necessary for customer carer and consequence of poor communication
• Understand the importance of good communication skills
– Explain the various types of communication
– Be able to select the appropriate communication method
– Be aware of barriers to effective communication and ways to overcome them
Emergency First Aid Level 3 (1 day)
Qualsafe Certified Award. For employees to understand the role of a First Aider, to assess situations, act promptly, safely + administer First Aid in an emergency. This qualification should be renewed every 3 years.
October 1st, November 1st, December 2nd, December 11th
January 13th, January 31st, February 6th, March 9th, March 18th, May 12th, May 27th, June 9th, July 2nd
Health & Safety Level 2 (1 day)
1 day course FREE for levy payers wuth value of £80 per person.
Qualsafe certified, covers fundamental occupational health + safety knowledge + management.
January 10th, March 6th, April 17th, May 29th, June 11th, July 6th
Microsoft Academy Certification - WORD
Microsoft Academy Certification – Word (Tuesday evenings 5.00pm-7.30pm, 6 weeks plus exam) – FREE for levy payers with value £90 per person
- 2019 – October 22nd for 6 weeks
- 2020 – April 20th for 6 weeks
Entry requirement: No prior knowledge of MS Word is required. As the course is part delivered online it would be beneficial if the candidate had basic competence in IT and the internet.
• Editing, character and paragraph formatting
• Text flow
• Working with tables
• Working with themes, style sets and backgrounds
• Quick parts, and text boxes
• Using illustrations and graphics
• Formatting a research paper or similar document
Dealing with Challenging Customers (1 day)
1 day course. FREE for levy payers with value of £80 per person.
October 10th, November 21st
January 30th, March 5th, April 2nd, June 25th, July 23rd
The aim of the course is to enable employees to deliver consistent service to customers who present with challenging behaviour. At the end of the course employees will have developed the knowledge, skills nad understanding to be able to deal with challenging behaviour. Topics to be covered include:
• Understanding the importance of delivering good customer service to the customers who present with challenging behaviour
– Be able to describe the different types of challenging behaviour
– Be able to explain their organisation’s procedures for dealing with challenging behaviour (where procedures exist)
– Describe what behaviours the challenging customer may present with
– Be able to describe the difference between assertive and aggressive behaviour
– Be able to describe appropriate techniques to deal with challenging behaviour
– Be able to explain their own levels of authority and the procedures for reporting to senior staff
• Be able to deal with challenging customers
– Be able to identify signs that the customer is challenging
– Be able to express empathy and understanding of customer’s point of view without admitting any liability
– Explain the limits of service and the company policy (where policy exists)
– Agree a way forward that balances customer satisfaction and organisational needs
– Be aware of when to obtain help from colleagues when options are beyond their scope and authority
– Maintain organisational policies, procedures and ethical and legal requirements (where they exist)
Food Safety Award Level 2 (1 day)
1 day course FREE for levy oayers with value of £55 per person.
RSPH certified – for anyone who handles, stores, serves, processes food or cleans food preparation areas.
October 3rd, November 7th, November 19th, December 9th
January 14th, January 24th, February 5th, March 13th, May 11th, May 19th, June 1st, July 1st
Free Digital Marketing Workshops
We are pleased to have teamed up with Superfast Business Wales and Insynch to provide free Digital Marketing Training and follow up support for Aberystwyth BID Levy payers.
Any levy payer is eligible to attend course. In addition, those eligible for Superfast Business Wales (details below) will be able to take advantage of a follow up visit with a Digital Business Advisor and receive a digital plan for their business. In addition, everyone who attends the courses will receive a review of their Website.
To be eligible for Superfast Business Wales you need to be trading, have less than 250 employees, less than €50 million turnover and be based on Wales.
Even if you are not eligible, you will still be able to attend a free digital marketing course and need to reserve your place.
Dates of courses
If eligible for Superfast Business Wales
- 15th October 2019 – Marine Hotel – 9am to 1pm
- 10th December 2019 – Marine Hotel – 9am to 1pm
If not eligible for Superfast Business Wales
- 10th January 2020 – Marine Hotel – 9am to 1pm